TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS ON THE BEACH, IN THE SEA
Beach and water safety is for all. Whether you are a SUPer or beach goer, with family or friends.
Beaches are unpatrolled in Qatar so we aim to help you understand and learn all about taking care of yourself and others, so you can enjoy your time outdoors.
SUP SESSIONS |
We always have your safety first in focus during our sessions but taking care of yourself is also your responsibility.
Our processes and lesson plans take basic safety inTO consideration and our instructors are water rescue certified.
All teenage and adult participants to our sessions are required to have swimming skills (minimum 50ms), and children are to attend under supervision of their parents, and wearing lifejackets provided by QSUP.
QSUP WATER & BEACH SAFETY WORKSHOPS |
We bring you water & beach safety workshops with internationally accredited safety organisations for kids and adults – ask us for information!
10 EASY RULES
for next time you go to the beach or SUPing
1. always check the weather (air temp, wind, water temp), wind direction. Only paddle in on-shore conditions and up to 12 knots if you are a leisure paddler
2. always check safety signage at beach for potential hazards, check if beach is suitable for swimmers and launching with SUP
3. use a PFD (personal floatation device/lifejacket) and wear a SUP leash
4. only do what your swimming/SUP abilities allow you to and on routes you know
5. wear sun protection and hydrate
6. generally avoid midday under the sun, but pick the time of day most suitable in the season. Morning or sunset for beach time in the summer
7. do not swim or SUP alone. Always have a phone in a waterproof case with you and let others know you have gone swimming, or SUPing. Let others know about your planned route.
8. keep an eye on others at the beach, especially kids
9. respect the sea, protect the marine life (you might spot turtles on the way!), do not litter. Dispose off rubbish at dedicated spots on-shore
10. have fun